To become a member of the Coventry University Mountaineering Society, we charge £30 a year. This covers your BMC (British Mountaineering Council) membership, including insurance. It will also allow you to use any of the clubs equipment whenever you need it. You must become a member before we can take you on any trips at all.
Indoor climbing - Warwick sport (Bear Rock)
Every Wednesday afternoon at 13:30, we go climbing at Warwick University sports centre.
This centre allows us to rope climb very regularly and teach new climbers the necessary skills before venturing outdoors.
We travel to the climbing centre using the bus service, which charges £4 for a return journey, this needs to be in exact change or can be paid via the NX Bus mTicket app.
Once at the climbing centre student entry costs £5:50 (make sure you have your university id).
The club will provide harnesses and belay devices. Climbing shoes can be hired at the centre.
Location: University of Warwick, University Rd, Coventry, CV4 7AL
The Ballroom Climbing Wall
Every Monday evening at 17:15, we go bouldering at the Ballroom in Coventry city centre. The Ballroom is a 6-minute walk from the Hub which makes it a great place to visit regularly.
On a Monday, Coventry University Mountaineering students get a discounted price of £6 (which includes £6.50 entry, £3 shoe hire and the £3 one off registration fee).
Find out more here.
Climbing shoes and chalk can be hired at the centre.
Location: Ironmonger Row, Coventry, CV1 1FD
We run trips all over the country, and some abroad. These trips usually have a fixed price of £30 for club members, the exception being for day trips, or trips involving qualifications, or trips longer than a weekend, which can often cost more.
- Peak District - Taster Sessions 6th - 7th October
- North Wales - Caseg Fraith 26th - 28th October
- Trad Climbing Day Trips (provisional) 3rd - 4th November
- Lake District - Coppermines 9th - 11th November
- North Wales - Bryn Brethynau 23rd - 25th November
- Birmingham Red Point Day Trip 30th November
- Yorkshire - YSS 7th - 9th December
- Birmingham Red Point Day Trip 25th January
- Lake District - The Loft 1st - 3rd February
- North Wales - Cae'r Fran 15th - 17th February
- Lake District - Newlands 1st - 3rd March
- North Wales - PCU 15th - 17th March
- Peak District - Falcliffe Cottage 29th - 31st March
- Peak District - Don Whillans 5th - 7th April
- Lake District - Tranearth - Dinner meet 24th 27th May