To become a member of the Coventry University Mountaineering Society, we charge £25 a year. This covers your BMC (British Mountaineering Council) membership, including insurance, and insurance with the Students Union. It will also allow you to use any of the clubs equipment whenever you need it. You must become a member before we can take you on any trips at all.
Sessions at Warwick
Every Wednesday afternoon at 13:30, we go climbing at the sports centre at Warwick University. This allows us to climb very regularly, with bouldering also available. To get to the wall, we use the bus service, which charge £4 for a return journey, this must be brought in exact change to comply with the bus's payment system. Once at the wall, you can choose to either pay for a membership there, or pay on one-off sessions. For students, these one-off sessions are £5.50 - but subject to change regularly. You can also hire rock shoes there, and the club provide harness's. Climbing here is not limited to Wednesday, and many members like to go more frequently throughout the week, so there is often somebody there.
We run trips all over the country, and some abroad. These trips usually have a fixed price of £30 for club members, the exception being for day trips, or trips involving qualifications, or trips longer than a weekend, which can often cost more.
- Bryn Brethynau - North Wales 14th - 16th October
- TBC - Peak District 28th - 30th October
- Plas Y Brenin - North Wales 11th - 13th November
- Ambleside - The Lake District 17th - 19th November
- Langdale - The Lake District 27th - 29th January
- Glencoe - Scotland 10th - 12th February
- YSS Hut - Yorkshire 24th - 26th February
- Dorset 24th - 26th March
- Caseg Fraith - North Wales 26th - 29th May